Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taking the Red Pill

I don’t recall the precise moment I took the Red Pill.  What is the Red Pill?  It is the moment when you realize you have been mal-programmed “for your own good” by your family, your society, and even your church.  You come to understand that your natural instincts are a better guide for natural relationships.  It is not forgoing the advances of civil society.  It is relying on time tested methods and biologically based factors to increase your value to the world.

I was living in a fairly natural state during my 20s.  I served in the military, went through college, had a number of women pass in and out of my life, and didn’t feel anything was particularly “missing.”  Eventually, I met a woman and married her.  We have two great boys.  After five years, our marriage was in serious trouble.  I believed a greater commitment to my religion would help.  After ten years, she blew apart the marriage, filed false claims, tried to turn my sons against me, and proceeded to deplete our shared resources in a pointless divorce.

What went wrong?  I was the father I was told to be.  I worked every day, providing a good income.  I was a coach, cubmaster, and emotionally available father.  I read countless books on improving the marriage, asked the ex to go to counseling, and offered to go through any program she wanted in an effort to improve our marriage.  In the end, she was unhaaapy and decided to divorce.
What went wrong was the culture shifted under my feet as I grew.  I was no match for “no-fault” divorce, the masculinization of women, and the cultural erosion of traditional roles.

The modern husband cannot expect to play the same role as his father (if he was lucky enough to live with him).

The modern father cannot raise his sons as passively as our fathers raised us.

There is a war going on in American culture and men are as passive as the West is toward Islam.

No comments: